SmartMsg SMART Weather Alerting leverages AccuWeather and Weather Decision Technologies meteorological resources to enhance and optimize over 150 severe weather alerts such as lightning, tornados, thunderstorms, hail, ice, snow, extreme temperatures, high winds, flash floods, and flooding.
Because these severe weather types are difficult to predict far in advance, they often have terrible loss of property and life for those individuals who are caught unaware. This solution will help to target and deliver the right message to the right person and sirens automatically.
SmartMsg SMART Weather Alerting provides location-specific severe weather alerts at the speed of click. An automated rules engine supercharges the speed and accuracy of alert delivery so notifications get to the right people right away.
- Access to more than 150 different types of National Weather Service location specific weather alerts.
- Timely, accurate weather warnings with specific start times and timely closing of alerts.
- Automatically select sirens and function, one click activation (optional).
- Weather alerts follow Federal Signal’s philosophy of “target the individual, not the device”— and escalates alerts through a number of contact paths, including mobile, until the recipient confirms receipt.
- Precise meteorologist drawn polygons and geographical zones to identify weather impacted locations.
- Self-service opt-in member portal for community registration and to manage alert settings.
- Customized message content based on weather type, severity, location and audience.
- Set up “on the fly” triage conference calls to manage weather events from initiation to completion.
- Select contacts in affected areas using a map that identifies weather impacted locations.
- Configurable ”quiet period” for opt-in members.
When it comes to safety, security and effective communications for the most hazardous environments, the most demanding applications, Federal Signal stands out as your best source for total industrial solutions. The Federal Signal product line is universally recognized as both the broadest and deepest in the industry. Audible and visual signaling. Outdoor warning. Intercoms. Public address. Telephony. Initiating systems. Fire alarms. Uninterruptible power supplies. And more. In terms of comprehensive product coverage, no one beats Federal Signal. They don’t even come close.