Protect your personnel, property, and brand from lithium ion battery incidents with new safety products that give you control at the earliest possible indication of failure.
The Li-ion Tamer Rack Monitor is a low-power and compact device that monitors lithium-ion batteries for increased safety. The Rack Monitor consists of three primary components, (1) The Li-ion Tamer Controller, (2) The Li-ion Tamer Off-Gas Monitors, and (3) the cables for connecting the sensors to the controller, controller to power, and signal distribution.
The Off-Gas Monitors are to be installed near or at the battery rack and are aggregated at the Controller which also distributes power to the monitors. The Controller contains proprietary logic to diagnose when and where single-cell off-gas events have happened. Off-gas events occur early in the failure mode of lithium-ion batteries and awareness as to when off-gas events occur provides a very early warning of failures and enables prevention of these failures with proper mitigation.
Benefits for Battery Energy Storage System Applications
- The earliest possible indication of battery failures with a diagnostic signal
- Enable thermal runaway prevention with proper mitigating actions
- Measures what other systems can’t, giving you a more complete view of battery health
- Compatible with all lithium-ion chemistries
- Keep one system – monitoring feed can be provided directly to the BMS, so all of your battery health information is still in one place
- Easy integration – does not require electrical or mechanical contact with cells
- Calibration-free product
- Highly reliable output signal with auto-diagnostic capabilities
- No customer downtime – you won’t have to worry about false alarms that waste your and your customers’ time with the highly reliable output signal from our patent-pending algorithm
- Distributed sensors provide localized gas detection
- Calibration-free gas sensor with patent-pending algorithm
- Controller with multiple inputs to monitor multiple racks
- Digital output for controlling mitigating actions