Every day operational issues impact productivity and revenue, cause production slowdowns, delay responses to time-sensitive issues, and require tracking for compliance purposes. To ensure a quick response and fast resolution, it is critical to follow the correct procedure and include the information required for each incident type.
The incident has a prescribed set of processes that must be followed in order to efficiently resume regular operations, notify the correct internal and external stakeholders, and comply with organizational and industry guidelines. Federal Signal’s SmartMsg Incident Management ensures the right processes are followed and sends consistent, error-free, and complete messages for the same incident every time to responders and stakeholders.
Incident Workflow Intelligence
- Multi-step workflow that prompts users to select the correct incident type.
- User prompts for critical details to any communication using customizable fields created by Incident Administrators.
- Incident communication logging for all broadcast and confirmations.
- Incident journal to capture additional details not included in incident communications.
Compliance and Reporting Options
- Incident report exports all incident communications details and responses in a PDF format.
- Custom reports analyze incident communications effectiveness.
- Communication broadcasts and confirmations include audit trails and timestamps.
- Search across incidents using status, user, type and date.
- Real-time incident dashboard for operators showing all open incidents.
Incident Communication Planning
- Separate communications plans by location, line of business or facility.
- Incident specific communications templates with:
- Pre-defined selection of message recipients based on incident type
- Pre-defined message
- Pre-defined settings for message delivery
- Required critical information fields to be filled in before broadcast
- Template-level user permissions to prevent operators from editing the message, distribution list or settings before sending the notification
- Use different incident templates & setting based on phase of notification (New, Update, Close).
- Multiple users control access:
- Incident Administrators can build incident templates, report on incidents and launch incident notifications.
- Incident Operators can launch and manage incidents.
- Data Manager can create and administer groups, update and upload contacts.
- Integrate with HR databases or scheduling systems to contact only responders who are “on-call”
When it comes to safety, security and effective communications for the most hazardous environments, the most demanding applications, Federal Signal stands out as your best source for total industrial solutions. The Federal Signal product line is universally recognized as both the broadest and deepest in the industry. Audible and visual signaling. Outdoor warning. Intercoms. Public address. Telephony. Initiating systems. Fire alarms. Uninterruptible power supplies. And more. In terms of comprehensive product coverage, no one beats Federal Signal. They don’t even come close.