The Remote Switch option allows for a standard RSD System to be configured for use as a stand alone system without a Gateway. Using a simple table based configuration the system can be setup to switch the relay outputs when one (or more) remote nodes reaches a limit. A typical application is to shut off a well when one or more remote tanks become full.
Various Operating Modes
- Auto volume – injects at an input hourly volume (quarts/hour)
- Auto production – dosing proportional to production rate
- Timed Manual Pump Control Remote Monitoring
- Tank level and gallons remaining
- Totalized amount pumped per contract hour (settable contract hour)
- Temperature monitoring – start and stop injection based on pre-configured set points
- Pump status monitoring (see changes in pump performance)
Closed Loop Control
- Actively controls process to detect pump issues earlier and ensure the right dose is delivered every time.
Hazardous Area Certified
- Non-Incendive, Class 1 Division 2 Pending
Maximum Operating Pressure: Up to 1,450 psi
Maximum Operating Temperature: -40°F to 176°F (-40°C to 80°C)
Power: 10-30 VDC
Data Interface: SignalFire Wireless Radio or RS485 Modbus RTU
Motor Control: Up to 12A at 12/24 VDC
Internal Diagnostics: Supply voltage, signal strength, error conditions
Radio Frequency: 902-928 MHz ISM band, 300mW FHSS radio, Antenna included with wireless option
The system contains a controller which will interface to a proprietary calibration and monitoring subsystem
that bolts to the output of the tank (prior to the pump). This topology is shown in the diagram below:
The SignalFire system is a robust, short-range mesh network designed to give asset managers access to valuable process data. Easy to install and sensor agnostic, the wireless telemetry system can interface with many sensor types such as flow, level, pressure, and temperature, in controlling devices such as pumps, valves, heaters, fans, and lighting. Designed for challenging industrial environments, the SignalFire Remote Sensing System has been deployed in oil and gas fields, irrigation systems, water treatment plants, as well as a variety of other remote applications.
Chemical Injection Monitoring and Control System