The YS1700 is the best replacement for the discontinued 353 and 352PLUS. With the same fit, form & function as well as function block programming, it’s a simple drop-in replacement. The YS1700 covers all of the approvals and applications and is much more cost-effective than upgrading to a DCS.
What are the advantages of YS1700?
Designed for 100% availability on process
- 34 Year MTBF
- Dual CPUs to ensure the FCE can be manipulated if one of the CPUs were to fail.
- Hard manual back-up for output control in case of catastrophic control failure.
- Manual backup station to hot swap a controller while running a live process.
Established Migration path for legacy controller products
- Yokogawa’s YS1000 are backward compatible to every legacy Yokogawa 3×6 controller developed since the 1960s.
- Legacy products with programmable digital CPUs can have their programming transferred to current YS model.
YS1700 vs PAC353 Side-by-Side
Siemens has recently discontinued their popular 353 SLC controller. This unit and its predecessors have been used in many process applications for years, and the discontinuation of this product has left many companies uncertain of their path forward for supporting their processes. Now that the entire Moore/Siemens 353 family is obsolete, are you considering upgrading to a DCS? Have you reviewed the limited number of 3×6 SLC vendors in the marketplace? Will you turn to eBay looking for spare parts? We have a better solution for you; Yokogawa’s YS1000 series PID loop controllers can directly replace the Siemens Process Automation Controller and will keep you off of eBay looking for spare 353 parts.
The Yokogawa YS1000 Series is the ideal choice for many control applications offering extreme reliability and sophisticated control. This product family has bright, easy-to-read displays, multiple I/O points, and powerful loop tuning. For critical applications, the YS1700 employs dual CPUs for maximum reliability and hard-manual control for added protection. The YS1700’s powerful function block programming allows for custom strategies to control many demanding processes such as boilers and steam generators, PH control, dosing control, and many other demanding plant processes.
REASONS TO SELECT THE YS1000 SERIES:
The YS series has been tested to meet the most stringent demands of the nuclear industry and has industry acceptance. Servicing the nuclear industry requires a commitment in quality and longevity.
Yokogawa has the only ABS Type approved 3X6 controller on the market for marine and offshore applications. Selecting an ABS approved unit allows the customer to install the YS without the cost of additional testing and special inspection required by the shipping bureau.
Automated control of industrial boilers is an excellent application for YS1700 controllers. These instruments can be programmed to perform the operations of plant master, boiler master, fuel and air control with oxygen trim, and drum level / feedwater control. The YS1700 is a reliable and cost-effective means of upgrading boiler controls and increasing boiler efficiency while lowering operating costs by implementing advanced control strategies.
A proven upgrade path to protect your engineering investments in installation and application development
Yokogawa’s YS1000 is backwards compatible to all of its legacy 3×6 controllers developed since 1965. The YS has been designed to reuse the expense of hardware installation and engineered application development. These items are not required to be reengineered when upgrading to a future product family. Upgrading a legacy Yokogawa controller with a new, modern unit can be done in 25 minutes. The housing and wiring stays in place and only the control unit is replaced. Application software can be automatically converted and installed in the latest models.
Features like dual CPUs, the hard manual back-up, hot swappable LCD, and the portable back-up station ensures that a controller mishap, standard maintenance, or product upgrade will not prevent a control signal from reaching the final control element. A very high mean time between failure calculation minimizes unexpected failures, and the nonvolatile memory means no batteries to fail and no surprising program loss.
OTHER POWERFUL FEATURES OF THE YS1700 SERIES CONTROLLER
- Excellent legibility thanks to a modern high definition color display.
- Preconfigured control modes for basic applications requires no programming
- Powerful function block programming for custom applications with large programming capacity
- Expandable I/O and Reliable Ethernet / Modbus / peer-to-peer communications
- Resistant to malicious network data storm attacks based on GE’s Achilles Certification level 1.
- AC/DC dual power supply with wide operating voltage range to ensure stability against supply voltage fluctuations
- Internationally recognized agency approvals: FM nonincendive, CSA nonincendive, ABS, and CE Marks