FCN-500: Dual redundant configurable PLC/RTU
High reliability and high speed are essential for the systems that control your critical processes. The dual redundant model of the field control node (FCN) autonomous controller ensures that these processes continue without interruption even when a module is replaced.
Exclusive features for FCN-500
- Modular type PLC/RTU
- Wider operation temperature (-20 to 70 °C*)
- Dual redundant configuration for CPU unit, power supply unit, and control networks
- 4 network ports model available
- Improved file system stability in case of power failure
- PC-less maintenance capability using SD card
- Online changeable battery *Depending on I/O modules
For steady operations, high reliability is an essential requirement in the systems that controls and acquires data from various devices and processes and which interlink with other controllers in the control domain. The STARDOM autonomous controllers FCN-500 have rugged and highly reliable software and hardware, and as an optional feature support dual-redundant configurations for mission-critical applications.
Never Interrupts Your Process
High reliability is essential for the systems that control your critical processes. The dual redundant capability of the field control node (FCN) autonomous controller ensures that these processes continue without interruption even when a damaged module is replaced.
- CPU unit, power supply unit, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus module, and control network can all be dual redundant.
- Automatic switchover to stand-by CPU
- Automatic data transfer from control side to replaced stand-by CPU
- Hot-swappable modules including CPU and I/O modules
- Fault-tolerant design (including ECC memory)
FCN-500 has a highly durable design. In addition to features such as fan-less cooling, there are no IC chips on the backplane, preventing mechanical failures. Furthermore, the use of error check and correct (ECC) memory prevents software failures.
Advanced Self Diagnosis
Rich diagnostic functions make it possible to keep track of CPU temperature, SRAM memory status, and I/O module status. In addition to the diagnostic functions that are performed by the CPU, the analog input modules have embedded self-diagnostic functions that can detect disconnected wires and short-circuits by continuously monitoring the loop status.
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 (2.7 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 E2 bus interface module (2.2 MB)
- STARDOM Terms and Conditions of Open Source Software (292 KB)
- STARDOM Software License Agreement (167 KB)
- FCN Autonomous Controller Functions (FCN-500) (754 KB)
- FCN Autonomous Controller Hardware (FCN-500) (1.7 MB)
- Turbomachinery Controller Overview (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (490 KB)
- Analog I/O Modules (546 KB)
- Digital I/O Modules (401 KB)
- Field Connection Specifications (1.7 MB)
- Turbomachinery I/O Modules (677 KB)
- Serial Communication Module (317 KB)
- Terminal Block (344 KB)
- Application Portfolios for FCN/FCJ (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (380 KB)
- DNP3 Communication Portfolio (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (437 KB)
- FOUNDATION™ fieldbus Communication Module (506 KB)
- STARDOM FOUNDATION fieldbus Communication (1.1 MB)
- FCN/FCJ Duolet Application Development Kit (319 KB)
- MIL Connector Terminal Blocks, MIL Connector Cables (504 KB)
- PROFIBUS-DP Communication Module (619 KB)
- FCN/FCJ Simulator (319 KB)
- FCN/FCJ OPC Server for Windows (334 KB)
- Foundation Fieldbus Communication Module (452 KB)
- Model NT751FJ Logic Designer (2.2 MB)
- Duplexed Network Program for FCN/FCJ OPC Server (173 KB)
- PROFIBUS-DP Communication Module (528 KB)
- MIL Connector Terminal Blocks and Cables (504 KB)
- CANopen Communication Module (579 KB)
- CANopen Communication Module (3.3 MB)
- Gas Flow Calculation Portfolio (FCN-500) (387 KB)
- Field Connection Specifications (1.7 MB)
- Liquid Flow Calculation Portfolio (255 KB)
- HART Communication Functions (342 KB)
- Logic Designer (2.3 MB)
- STARDOM Stop Taking Order Products (335 KB)
FCN-500 controller applications are written in programming languages compliant with the IEC 61131-3 international standard, so users do not need to learn manufacturer-specific programming languages and can start engineering immediately.
IEC 61131-3 Compliant Programming Languages
Concise applications can be developed by choosing the most suitable programming language for each application or the preference of the user from five IEC 61131-3 compliant languages including Function Block Diagram, Ladder Diagram, and Sequential Function Chart. Loop control and sequence control can be coded within the same environment, further improving engineering efficiency.
Reuse of Programs
Engineering efficiency is improved by reusing the programmed and verified applications by using the following methods.
IEC 61131-3 compliant program allows your know-how to be encapsulated into reusable POU (Program Organization Units.) These POUs can be protected against user modification.
– Network Template
Network Template, which is a code frame programmed by FBD, LD, ST or IL, makes reuse of program easier. Network Template is inserted into any applications and modified corresponding to applications.
– Software Wiring to Aid Debugging
Virtual wiring to input/output modules can be defined in the software, and so loop checks and testing of ladder sequences can be performed without actual inputs to the FCN-500 from a calibrator or test switches.
– Simulator Functions for Efficient Development
The simulator functions simulate the control applications of the FCN-100 on a PC. Since this function does not require FCN-500 hardware, control applications can be developed simultaneously by two or more engineers. Alternatively, applications can be developed and debugged separately from applications running on FCN-500.
Envision a plant where people are watchful and attentive while your business responds to change quickly and efficiently. Now picture an operation that delivers non-stop production while confidently expanding your capabilities into the future. Imagine no further. This is the vision and promise behind Yokogawa’s VigilantPlant®, the clear path to operational excellence. SEE Clearly, KNOW in Advance, ACT with Agility. Field Sensing & Actuation | Production Control | Network-based Control | High-reliability SCADA Safety Management Systems | Intelligent Production Management | Asset Management