- Additional Information
- Features Detail
The RAEGuard 2 PID is a fixed photoionization detector (PID) that measures a broad range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs – Aromatics [ benzene ], Ketones, Aldehydes, Hydrocarbons and more). The RAEGuard 2 PID VOC detector operates on 10 to 28 VDC and provides an analog (4-20mA) three-wire signal output, and RS-485 Modbus digital signal output. Calibration and maintenance have been greatly simplified as the digital PID module can be easily removed in hazardous locations for calibration or maintenance.
The RAEGuard 2 PID VOC has a graphic display and LED light status indicator for fault and alarm conditions. In addition, Low, High, and Fault relays1 can be configured to trigger external alarms or process controls. Over 200 correction factors1 are pre-programmed, and allow users to display readings of a specific target gas. A magnetic key interface enables the detector to be calibrated and operational parameters adjusted with the explosion-proof enclosure in place.
- • Class 1 Div 1 certified
• Reduced maintenance costs, easily removable sensor module
• Faster response time with sample flow-through design powered by internal diaphragm pump
• 4-20mA Analog Output and Digital Modbus
• Humidity compensation
• Delivers continuous monitoring for Aromatics [ benzene ], Ketones, Aldehydes, Hydrocarbons and more.
Continuously monitor for the threat of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in hazardous locations with the fixed RAEGuard 2 PID detector. This monitor is easy to configure and maintain in the field thanks to a modular design with easy access to PID lamp and sensor, without the need for tools. The internal diaphragm pump speeds sample flow-throw and the unit delivers highly accurate readings with both digital and analog outputs. Low, high, and fault relays can be configured to trigger alarms or integrate with your process controls for automatic shutdown in response to VOC threats. A magnetic key interface enables the detector to be calibrated and operational parameters adjusted with the explosion-proof enclosure in place.
What Does a PID Measure?
The largest group of compounds measured by a PID are the Organics: compounds containing Carbon (C) atoms. These include:
• Aromatics. Compounds containing a benzene ring including benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene and xylene.
• Ketones and aldehydes. Compounds with a C=O bond including acetone, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) and acetaldehyde.
• Amines and amides. Carbon compounds containing nitrogen, like diethylamine.
• Chlorinated hydrocarbons. Trichloroethylene (TCE), perchloroethylene (PERC)
• Sulfur compounds. Mercaptans, sulfides
• Unsaturated hydrocarbons. Like butadiene and isobutylene
• Alcohols. Like isopropanol (IPA) and ethanol
• Saturated hydrocarbons. Like butane and octane
In addition to organic com pounds, PIDs can be used to measure some Inorganics. These are compounds without carbon and include:
• Semiconductor gases: arsine, phosphine
• Hydrogen sulfide
• Nitric oxide
• Bromine and iodine
• Fixed, field-configurable detector for VOCs
• Continuous measurement
• Pre-programmed correction factors for more than 200 compounds
• Digital and analog outputs
• Simplified calibration and maintenance with removable PID sensor
• Graphic display and LED status indicator for fault and alarm conditions
• Configurable low, high, and fault relays can trigger alarms or process controls
• Explosion-proof enclosure
• Magnetic key interface for access to sensor without opening enclosure Internal pump speeds sample flow
• Humidity compensation
RAEGuard 2 Fixed Sensor Head Specifications
Working Current: DC 10 to 28V, 210mA at 24V
Output: • 4-20mA • Three-level programmable alarm relays (30 VDC, 2A) • RS-485 (Supports Modbus)
Sampling: Internal diaphragm pump, up to 500cc/min
IP Rating: IP-65
Mechanical Interface: 3/4″ NPT Male
Installation: 2″ pipe-holding or wall mounting
User Interface: Three-key magnetic bar adjustment
Calibration: Two points
Warranty: 1 year for the pump, 2 years for the housing and electronics
Temperature: -4° F to 131° F (-20° C to +55° C)
Humidity: 0 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Pressure: 90 to 110kPa
Display: 128 x 64 matrix backlit LCD, supports graphic display
Size: 10.1″ L x 7.9″ W x 4.2″H (257 x 201 x 107 mm)
Weight: 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs)
Material: 316 stainless steel
UL/CSA Class 1, Div. 1, Groups ABCD T4
RAE Systems, Inc. is a leading global provider of rapidly deployable connected, intelligent gas and radiation detection systems that enable real-time safety and security threat detection. RAE Systems products are used in more than 120 countries by many of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies. RAE Systems offers a full line of wirelessly enabled solutions including personal, hand-held, transportable, and fixed instruments designed to meet the needs of energy production, refining, industrial and environmental safety sectors for a wide range of personal safety and regulation compliance applications.