- Features Detail
- Key Values
- App Notes
- Product Video
Build your fire and gas control system with total ease and confidence – give your site unmatched safety, compliance and productivity. Touchpoint Pro represents the next evolution in industrial safety control offering total flexibility, intuitive use and the ability to dramatically reduce upfront, as well as ongoing expense.
An ideal solution for small to mid-sized operations, Touchpoint Pro has the most flexible architecture on the market, so the exact system can be built to customer requirements — optimizing operations and cost. Thanks to a unique modular approach, Touchpoint Pro is the only control solution that enables the customer to build a centralized system, distributed system or a combination —all with the same components. The unique architecture of Touchpoint Pro can reduce cabling costs and installation time dramatically. What’s more; the control system can be easily expanded or integrated into an emergency shutdown system.
Touchpoint Pro delivers maximized system uptime with 24/7 operational availability. It is the only control system in its class to offer a web server interface, which allows gas status, data, event history and more to be monitored away from the touch-screen panel — and even remotely from the site. Low cost, end-to-end testing of the entire system can be carried out by a one-man walk test using a portable device (PDA).
At the heart of Touchpoint Pro is the central controller which is mountable in either a rack or cabinets. It features an intuitive touch-screen interface for easy system setup and complete, at-a-glance visibility of system status. The central controller also includes a preloaded sensor catalogue, which contains a complete listing of gas detectors from Honeywell, each with recommended settings for a simple three stage setup.
Touchpoint Pro accepts inputs from flammable and toxic gas detectors and manual call points allowing between 8-64 inputs in total. Comprehensive outputs are also delivered including relays up to 128 channels in total.
- • 61508 SIL2 Certified - CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-04
• Web server ensures 24/7 system status visibility for constant safety
• Up to 64 channels of detection and 128 output channels
• Self-healing communications network for guaranteed uptime – if a module fails your system won’t
• Flexible system architecture to meet specific site needs
• Plug-in input/output modules for easy installation and expansion. Digital inputs from various sources including gas, fire and security
• Preloaded sensor catalogue for streamlined, three stage setup
• Remote units for more reach and less cabling, significantly reducing costs
Systems can be centralised, distributed or mixed, along with the option for constant visibility of the gas status and with the added benefit of no downtime that could potentially affect operations and safety.
Touchpoint Pro has been designed to deliver flexibility, allowing the system to be freely configured to meet customers’ varying needs. Touchpoint Pro’s modularity means that any system topology can be built, including centralised, distributed I/Os, or a mix of both.
24/7 visibility of system status
Touchpoint Pro’s central controller has a WebServer interface, which can be accessed when it is connected to a network, allowing users to remotely view status and event history, and acknowledge, reset or inhibit channels. This feature offers the possibility of system monitoring and data analysis from a remote location using multiple devices including tablets, smart phones and remote computers.
Simple installation and maintenance
Using a simple building block technique to create your system, Touchpoint Pro offers multiple features that simplifies installation, setup and ongoing maintenance. A key feature to this is the preloaded sensor catalogue, which contains a complete listing of all Honeywell Analytics’ gas sensors, each with a full default configuration setting. A user can choose to configure input channel settings from the sensor catalogue, resulting in a quick and simple three step configuration process. The rest of the configuration will be loaded automatically.
Wide selection of inputs/outputs accepted
The Touchpoint Pro Input/Output plug-in modules can be combined up to a maximum of 16 input modules (64 channels) and 32 output modules (128 channels). Modules can be located in any Touchpoint Pro enclosure and power distribution is via the communication/power Rail. Touchpoint Pro accepts analogue, digital and relay modules making it one of the most flexible controllers available.
Intuitive user interface
The heart of the Touchpoint Pro is the central controller, which includes the user interface. The user interface features a full colour LCD touch screen, and provides engineers with an intuitive solution to system set-up and deployment. Easily accessible icons, supported by drop-down menus ensure that even the most complex of system configurations can be commissioned with efficiency.
Aside from ease of use, Touchpoint Pro’s user interface also includes some valuable aspects that help engineers save time, whilst setting up and commissioning a system.
• Just four main building blocks means simplest and most flexible system design; from a small to a complicated integrated system
• Easy pluggable and configurable I/O Modules mean less installation and commissioning time up to 50%
• Free I/O Module combination in a system means greater flexibility for customers’ requirements
• Distributed I/O Modules mean less cabling cost compared to a centralized system up to 85%
• Automatic identification of new I/O Modules by the system means simple expansion capability without the need to reprogram in the future
• Power distributed via the DIN Rail eliminates the requirement for individual module power wiring
• Intuitive colour touch screen with familiar icons and dropdown selection boxes means less time on training and less commissioning cost
• Remote interrogation option via Web server means ability to ‘one man walk test’ the system (eliminating the requirement and cost to have a second person at the controller)
• Compliance with the latest standards means less cost on safety by reducing the cost of compliance with the latest legislation and regulation (Latest performance approval EN 50271:2010, EN 50104:2010, EN 45544-1/-2, EN 60079-29-1)
• SIL2 capable with reduced number of system components enables to improve plant performance by maximizing product uptime; Independently verified SIL certification TÜV Rheinland Group (IEC/EN 61508 and EN 50402 SIL2 certification)
- Touchpoint Pro App Note – Designed for Simplified System Expansion [PDF]
- Touchpoint Pro App Note – Self-Healing Ring Network [PDF]
- Touchpoint Pro App Note – Fast, Simple Configuration of Input Channels with the Sensor Catalogue [PDF]
- Touchpoint Pro App Note – Intelligent and Flexible PC Configuration Software [PDF]
- Touchpoint Pro App Note – Centralized VS Distributed Topology Gas Detection Control System [PDF]
For nearly 50 years, Honeywell Analytics has been protecting people who put their lives on the line every day. It takes a special level of drive and dedication to work in hostile environments, and we believe your workers deserve the same kind of commitment from us when it comes to securing their health and safety. Right from the start, our founders were determined to find better ways to design, build and manufacture reliable gas detection solutions. Through advanced technology and pure industry know-how, Honeywell Analytics continues to improve and evolve our products. Today, we’re proud to partner with customers worldwide who share our vision of vigilance and rely on us to help them protect what matters most. From custom-designed solutions to unmatched training and support, Honeywell Analytics is simply the smartest choice when you demand the best in safety.