- Additional Information
- Features Detail
The Honeywell Midas® Gas Detector uses reliable sensor technology to detect many key toxic, ambient and flammable gases in a plant. The device monitors points up to 100 feet (30 meters) away while using patented technology to regulate flow rates and ensure error-free gas detection. Thanks to Honeywell’s use of advanced robotics, the Midas Gas Detector offers unbeatable quality and reliability:
Improved visibility and ease of use. The Midas Gas Detector is equipped with bright LED lights and an intuitive, interactive interface that provides instant alerts to gas readings or alarm levels. The interface also includes password-protected menus for configuration, test and calibration.
Easy installation. Compact in size with an easy-to-handle metal chassis, the Midas Gas Detector is simple to install. That’s especially important in crowded, complex process environments where space is at a premium.
Numerous applications. With feature-rich capabilities that are easy to use, the Midas Gas Detector is suitable for many industry applications, including semiconductor processing, light industrial manufacturing, university laboratories, aerospace, waste-water and more.
- • Detects more than 35 gases error-free
• Improved visibility and ease of use
• Easy installation
Plug-and-play gas detection
With flexible features and options, the Midas Gas Detector works right out of the box and configures easily to meet your needs. Each plug-and-play sensor cartridge is pre-calibrated, so it’s ready when you are. That means longer sensor life, quick and easy replacement, and no operator error due to incorrect or depleted sensors.
The standard power supply and communications capabilities include three onboard relays, 0-22 mA analog output and Modbus/TCP Ethernet digital outputs. Plus, the Midas Gas Detector includes the innovative Power over Ethernet (PoE) protocol — a single Ethernet connection for all power, control and communication requirements. Thanks to the Midas architecture, cost-effective integration with PLC and Fieldbus systems is greatly simplified.
Offered as an option, the Midas Pyrolyzer allows for the detection of NF3 and other CFX gases. Cost of ownership is low, as the Pyrolyzer has a replaceable heater assembly with a lifespan of greater than two years. Even more, thanks to our new proprietary catalyst to improve efficiency in gas conversion, the Pyrolyzer delivers automatic flow control, temperature control, and fast and accurate performance. Additionally, the Pyrolyzer can run from a Midas Gas Detector that’s powered by either PoE or 24 VDC.
• Over 35 gases available with extended 2 year warranty*
• Smart sensor cartridge with on board ‘e-calibration’ certificate
• 3 built in relays (Form C) for Alarm 1, 2 and Fault
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) communication
• Keypad interface and remote web browser interface
• Optional Midas Pyrolyzer module that connects to any Midas Gas Detector
• Password protected menu levels to preserve system integrity
• Bright LEDs and intuitive icon driven, large multicolor backlit LCD display
• Factory-calibrated sensors to reduce need for frequent gas testing
• Isolated 0-22 mA analog output with fault and event reporting
• Modbus/TCP Ethernet for easy connectivity to all control and alarm systems ports for control connectivity and service interaction
• Robust extractive pump system (2 year lifetime) sampling up to 100 feet
• CE marked for total immunity to Radio Frequency Interference
• Reflex® sensor health check for improved safety
• TempraSure temperature compensation technology as appropriate
• Event logging to review sensor history
Midas Cartridge Detectable Gases
Boron Trichloride BCl3
Boron Trifluoride BF3
Carbon Dioxide CO2
Carbon Monoxide CO
Chlorine Dioxide ClO2
Hydrogen (% LEL) H2
Hydrogen (ppm) H2
Hydrogen Bromide HBr
Hydrogen Chloride HCl
Hydrogen Cyanide HCN
Hydrogen Fluoride HF
Hydrogen Sulfide H2S
Methane (% LEL) CH4
Methyl Flouride* CH3F
Nitric Oxide NO
Nitrogen Dioxide NO2
Nitrogen Trifluoride* NF3
Sulfur Dioxide SO2
Tetra Ethyl Ortho Silicate TEOS
Tungsten Hexafluoride WF6
For nearly 50 years, Honeywell Analytics has been protecting people who put their lives on the line every day. It takes a special level of drive and dedication to work in hostile environments, and we believe your workers deserve the same kind of commitment from us when it comes to securing their health and safety. Right from the start, our founders were determined to find better ways to design, build and manufacture reliable gas detection solutions. Through advanced technology and pure industry know-how, Honeywell Analytics continues to improve and evolve our products. Today, we’re proud to partner with customers worldwide who share our vision of vigilance and rely on us to help them protect what matters most. From custom-designed solutions to unmatched training and support, Honeywell Analytics is simply the smartest choice when you demand the best in safety.