The YS1700 Programmable Indicating Controller can be tailored for various applications by running a user program, and offers high reliability thanks to Yokogawa’s proprietary technology, user friendliness, and expandability. Standard models are smaller and lighter than earlier series, requiring less space for installation, and are compliant with international safety standards including the CE Mark and FM nonincendive (optional) approvals. For easy replacement of earlier controllers, models requiring the same panel cutout dimensions and depth as those of earlier models are also offered.
- Excellent legibility thanks to a full-dot color LCD: High visibility of the display screen is ensured even in direct sunlight in the early morning and late afternoon. The user can freely access a desired operation display from meter, trend display, bar graph, alarm, and event displays. All parameters can be set via the front panel display.
- Function block programming: Besides the text programming compatible with earlier models, the YS1700 offers the new GUI-based programming method, function block program- ming. The optional YSS1000 Setting Software for YS1000 Series is used to develop user programs.
- Large programming capacity: Program capacity is 1000 steps for a text program, and 400 modules for a function block program.
- More powerful control and calculation functions: IEEE754- format four-byte floating-point calculations enable actual values to be used in calculations. More than a hundred types of calculation modules are featured, including exponential and logarithmic functions, temperature compensation, and pressure compensation.
- Function selection mode (needs no programming): The multi-function controller mode allows control to be selected from frequently used functions (single-loop, cascade, or selector control) without programming. Function assign- ments to digital and analog inputs/outputs (DIs, DOs, AIs, and AOs) can be determined by parameter settings.
- Expandable I/O: The basic type with expandable I/O has eight analog inputs, four analog outputs, ten digital inputs or ten digital outputs (total fourteen digital inputs and outputs).
- Fail-safe: Thanks to dual CPU (one for control and one for display), display and manual operations are enabled even during a failure of either CPU. The hard manual circuit incor- porated independently from the digital circuits enables the controller output to be adjusted manually during a failure of a digital circuit including both CPUs. (The hard manual circuit is not incorporated when the /NHM option is specified.)
- Nonvolatile memory for memory backup: No battery or capacitor is used for memory backup, facilitating maintenance.
- AC/DC dual power supply with wide operating voltage range to ensure stability against supply voltage fluctuations: Can be driven by either an AC (100 V) or DC (24 V) power supply. Furthermore, the DC power supply enables receiving power without polarity. (Must be specified upon ordering if using a 220 V AC power supply.)
- 250 mm depth (for basic types only)
- Dust- and splash-proof IP54 faceplate (for basic type only)
- CE Mark (for basic type and YS100 compliant type only)
- FM Nonincendive explosion protection (optional for basic type only)
- Communication (optional) - Ethernet (Modbus/TCP; for basic type only) - RS485 (PC Link, Modbus, Peer-to-Peer communication, and YS protocol; unavailable for YS80 internal unit-compatible type) - DCS-LCS communication
- Compatibility with YS100 Series: Setting and control operations can be done with the same feel. For basic-type cases, terminal-to-terminal pitches differ but the signal-to-terminal arrangement is almost the same.
- Precautions on the Use of the YS1000 Series (204 KB)
- (Previous Edition) YSS1000 Setting Software for YS1000 Series / YS1700 Programmable Function User’s Manual (11.5 MB)
- Ethernet Interface Module Model: F3LE01-5T, F3LE11-0T (1.5 MB)
- YS1000 Series Communication Interface User’s Manual (3.6 MB)
- Notice of Alterations – Compliant with Safety and EMC Standards (191 KB)
- YS1000 Series Replacement Manual (4.2 MB)
- YS1500 Indicating Controller, YS1700 Programmable Indicating Controller Operation Guide (4.5 MB)
- YS1500 Indicating Controller, YS1700 Programmable Indicating Controller User’s Manual (4.7 MB)
- YSS1000 Setting Software for YS1000 Series / YS1700 Programmable Function User’s Manual (12.4 MB)
- YSS1000 Setting Software Installation Manual (1.5 MB)
- Control of Pollution Caused by the Product (185 KB)
- New Legislative Framework (NLF) Conforming Products (323 KB)
- YS1700 Programmable Indicating Controller (1.1 MB)
- List of RoHS (318 KB)
- Introduction of YS1000 Series (6.5 MB)
- Recorders, Data Loggers and Control Products Security Standard (420 KB)
- YS1000 Replacement Guide Overview, Model Conversion (3.8 MB)
- YS1000 Replacement Guide SLPC > YS1700 User Program Conversion (10.7 MB)
- YS1000 Replacement Guide YS170 > YS1700 User Program Conversion (9.2 MB)
- YS1000 Series Drawing Package (Guide for selecting new models) (3.5 MB)
- YS1000 Series Replacement Guide Installation and Wiring (6.3 MB)
- YS170/YS1700 and HyperTerminal (unknown file size)
- YS1700 – Initializing to Factory Defaults (408 KB)
- YS1700 – Using 24V DC Loop Power Supply (236 KB)
- YS010 Expandable I/O Terminal (472 KB)
- YS011 Expandable I/O Cable (432 KB)
- YS1000 Series YS1xx0-03x Compatible Type for YS80 Internal Unit/ Compatible Type for EBS, I, EK, and HOMAC (378 KB)
- YS1000 Series YS1xx0-04x Compatible Type for YS80 (compatible size for YS80 with YS100 terminal) (268 KB)
- YS1500 Indicating Controller (YS1500-00x) YS1700 Programmable Indicating Controller (YS1700-00x, -01x) (361 KB)
- YS1000 Series YS1xx0-02x Compatible Type for YS100 (with YS100 case) (273 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-00, YS1500-00, YS1300-00) DXF data (248 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-00, YS1500-00, YS1300-00) DWG data (222 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-01) DXF data (305 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-01) DWG data (235 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-02, YS1500-02, YS1300-02) DXF data (277 KB)
- YS1000 Series Single loop controller (YS1700-02, YS1500-02, YS1300-02) DWG data (203 KB)
- YS021 250ohm Shunt Resistor for a Built-in 24V Transmitter Power Supply (68 KB)
- YS020 120ohm Terminating Resistor for RS422/RS485 Communication (71 KB)
- YS1000 Series YS1xx0-05x Compatible Type for Pneumatic 100 Line (with YS100 Terminal) (285 KB)
- Boiler Control Solution: Instruments and Solution for Automatic Boiler Control PDF
- Boiler Drum Level Control
- Boiler Feedwater Treatment Chemical Injection (or Chemical Dosing)
- Compressor Anti-surge Control
- Temperature and Pressure Compensation for Ideal Gas
- Temperature Compensation of Flow
- PID Control Tutorial
- Instruments and Solution for Iron & Steel Industry PDF
- Pulp & Paper: Instruments and Solution for Pulp & Paper Industry
- YS1700 Boiler Control Overview
- SLPC & YS170 Program Conversion
- Upgrading Boiler Controls with YS1700
- YS1000 Series Signal Conditioning Cards
- YS1700 Boiler Combustion Control
- YS1700 Steam Drum Level Control
Envision a plant where people are watchful and attentive while your business responds to change quickly and efficiently. Now picture an operation that delivers non-stop production while confidently expanding your capabilities into the future. Imagine no further. This is the vision and promise behind Yokogawa’s VigilantPlant®, the clear path to operational excellence. SEE Clearly, KNOW in Advance, ACT with Agility. Field Sensing & Actuation | Production Control | Network-based Control | High-reliability SCADA Safety Management Systems | Intelligent Production Management | Asset Management